Portsdown Fuel Depot - Portsmouth - November 2018

Built in the late 1930 by the Sir Robert McAlpine’s construction company, these bunkers were intended to provide a protected and bomb-proof supply of fuel oil for the navy based at Portsmouth.
The network consists of 3.2km’s of tunnels and are 37m’s deep and had a capacity of 137,700 tonnes of furnace fuel oil.